Friday, January 19, 2007

New Year!

Wow, I can't believe another year has past and a new one has begun. I believe that 2007 is going to be the greatest year yet at HRCC. Even though High Rock is only 2 1/2 years old. God has done some amazing things that you normally see only in large established ministries. Who would have ever dreamed that we would have a satellite location this soon? I remember when we started HRCC in July of 2004, I told my wife Angie, if we could just reach 100 people in average attendance we could really feel like we accomplished something for the kingdom of God! After all HRCC is not in Atlanta or California or even Charlotte. We are located 15 miles from no where, and yet God has blessed us with over 400 people attending weekly. 5 services,two locations, 103 baptisms, multiple small groups, and hundreds of new believers following Christ! Boy, are God's plans higher than my plans! I think this will be the break out year for both our Salisbury campus and our Denton campus. We will hopefully be adding several new staff members in 2007 that will improve the overall quality of the ministry. Especially the addition of a new children's pastor who will work to improve the kid's weekend experience. This will be huge in the life of HRCC since the future of the church is the children. We also will be making some major improvements on our worship center at the Denton Campus. God has given us an awesome 28,000 sq ft facility on 4 acres of land, formerly Yadkin Vally Chevolet. This facility will allow us to have some awesome children and youth areas. We have room to Grow at Denton and I believe we will in 07. Even though I am facing some obstacles in my personal life this year. I believe we are strong as a community and God will see us through any storm. God is bigger than any problem we could ever have. We just have to stay focused on Him. Fasten your seat belts, 07 is going to be a wild ride!

0 comments: